Sunday, November 9, 2014

One Tired Preacher

It is late, and I am tired, but I feel I should update you.

This has been a busy weekend. After the travails with Chuck's pickup, we managed to make it out of San Cristobal de Las Casas.

Saturday morning we left in the SIM pickup, Chuck's is still not "right." We drove to Ocosingo and visited with a family. Following that we drove to Chilon. In Chilon, we attended the wedding of Victor and Elena. (I am really getting old. They seemed like children getting married.) It was a beautiful wedding in the Pentecostal church that she attended. Following the wedding, the whole wedding party and guests walked from the church to the municipal hall accompanied by a Mariachi band. It was great to see about 100 people walking down the main street with a Mercedes Benz dump truck at the end of the line patiently waiting for us to walk the five or six blocks to get out of his way.

Victor is the grandson of Pastor Manuel. His church is Emmanuel Baptist.

After the wedding, we drove 11 people back home (about 45 minutes). In my efforts to become a part of God's family, I was blessed with a ride in the back of the pickup.

That evening we stayed with Juan and Elivia. Juan is the local Cicim representative and a member of the Maranatha church in Chilon.

Sunday morning, we drove to Yajalon. Pastor Jose of Alfa and Omega  Baptist was the first pastor Chuck worked with in Chiapas. On the way to church, Chuck asked if I would share a word with the church. (What he meant was, would I share THE word with the church. I was thinking five minutes, he was thinking the sermon.) After church, we drove pastor and his family back up the same mountain as the previous night, but we let the kids sit in the back.

After a short visit with the pastor we drove back to Chilon. We stopped to visit with Pedro, a member of Emmanuel, and then back to church. Again, I was asked to share a word. (I really have to work with Chuck to clarify those prepositions.)

After church, we drove back to San Cris. Tomorrow, we will travel to La Ceiba.





No comments: